How to Get the Most Out of Your Free Guide
Now that you have downloaded your 7 Lessons For Overcoming Addiction Guide, it’s time to put it to good use.
The simple act downloading the guide and getting started, is a token of your commitment to making improvements in your life.
So congratulate yourself for getting started!
The Life Process Program Guide contains all of the steps that you need to begin your recovery – and all from the comfort of your own home.
In this post, I have outlined some of the most important parts of the program, so that you can truly take advantage of the value contained in the guide.
Understanding your Values
Your values are your beliefs that some things are right and good and others wrong and bad. Your values tell you that some things are more important than others, and that one way of doing things is better than another.
Values play a critical role in addiction—and your values are likely to be the key to beat addiction. The first step is to understand what your values are.
This exercise asks you to examine your basic values —do your actions reflect what is important to you?
Consider the following questions:
- Looking at your life (and especially your drinking), what does it say is important to you?
- What are the three most important things in your life?
- What are the worst things you could lose (besides your life)?
- What do you hold close to your heart that most opposes your addiction
You could just read through these questions and think about your answers, but if you REALLY want to make the most of this program, we strongly encourage you to get out a pen and paper (preferably one with no lines on it!) and find a place where you can sit in comfort and peace to think through these questions seriously.
It really is a case of ‘The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it’
Motivation – Activating your desire to quit
The simplest answer to the question “When do people change?” is “When they want to.” No amount of science, therapy, and brain scans is ever going to change this truth.
Let’s look at some questions to help you understand why your pursue your addiction:
- What are the reasons you seek your addictive experience?
- What feelings do you get from the experience?
- Do you focus only on the immediate feelings it gives you?
- What are some ways you can keep the downsides of your addiction in mind?
- What are one or two attractive alternatives to your addictive experience that will give you the same (or similar) positive sensations that your addiction provides for you?
Again, by taking the time to write down the honest answers to these questions, you are giving yourself the best opportunity to discover your path towards a life without addition.
If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.
If you want to make the most of your free guide, then take some time to think seriously about the questions being asked.
Success comes, not from simply acquiring the knowledge we share in the guide, but by reflecting on how the principles apply to you and your life.
Of course, you may already have tried to overcome addiction in the past but have found it difficult to keep the momentum going.
If you are serious about overcoming your addiction permanently, you may want to consider our online Life Process Program which goes into much more depth and includes access to peer support, online coaching and more – watch the video to find out more: