Meditation and Addiction – PODCAST Episode 30
Welcome to Episode 30!
Today’s guest is Toby Sola. Toby is the CEO of Brightmind for a living; he practices and teaches meditation as a livelihood. Brightmind is a meditation app that helps people of all personalities, persuasions, and goals to achieve a more mindful way of living.
Today we discuss the ways in which mindfulness and meditation can help you notice, acknowledge, re-frame, and OVERCOME addiction. Some relevant discussion-points:
- Toby’s back-story (how he became a meditation expert)
- Three values that drive Brightmind’s content (They ensure all materials are COMPREHENSIVE, PRECISE, and PRACTICAL)
- Mindfulness is to meditation as “sport” is to a specific sport.
- Three pillars of mindful awareness: CONCENTRATION, EQUANIMITY, and CLARITY
- Tactical / practical meditation and mindfulness exercises that can be used on a daily basis
- Mindfulness and meditation for addressing addiction
- Mindfulness and meditation for addressing anxiety
- How Mindfulness / meditation work in tandem with cognitive behavioral therapy (like LPP)
- And even more!
And here is a link, created for LPP Podcast listeners, to 50% off the brightmind app
Please let us know what you think in the comments below.